RetroPlate is a chemically reactive concrete stabilizer that enhances concrete density and hardness, allowing floors to be finished to a high cosmetic, marble-like sheen.
In addition to bare concrete, RetroPlate works successfully with integral color, acid stains, dyes, dry shake hardeners and cementitious terrazzo.
- New, bare concrete
- Old, deteriorating, dusting floors
- Dull, rough, pitted or raw-looking concrete
- Overlays, toppings or expensive recoatings are required
- Marble-like, hard shell, maintenance free finish is desired
The RetroPlate System allows for 4 gloss levels:
- Level 1 Flat (Ground)
- Level 2 Satin (Honed)
- Level 3 Polished
- Level 4 Highly Polished
Different levels of grinding can be light to heavy depending on the desire level of exposed aggregate:
- Class A – Cement Fines
- Class B – Fine Aggregate
- Class C – Coarse Aggregate
UNLIMITED DECORATIVE COMBINATIONS
- Integral color
- Acid stains
- Dyes (AmeriPolish Dyes | RetroPlate Dyes)
- Colored aggregate
- Recycled glass
- Other decorative media
- Test #1 – General Testing
- Test #2 – Coefficient of Friction
- Test #3 – Abrasion and Impact Strength Testing
One of the many advantages of the RetroPlate System is the fact that it is safe for the environment and safe for applicators, installers and customers.
RetroPlate is completely water-based and contains:
- NO solvents
- NO VOCs
- NO harmful vapors
- NO harmful fumes
- NO toxic ingredients.
Use of RetroPlate requires:
- NO protective clothing, and
- NO breathing apparatus.